The benefits of listening to music are :
1) Change your mood - Now I know personally I listen to music to keep from, snapping at, biting off of heads, and ultimately keeping myself sane (and out of jail).
I think I can safely say that we know from personal experience that music affects our bodies and our minds. Listening to music relaxes us, energizes us, comfort us, keeps us company, help us celebrated and even helps marks special occasions. I think I can also safely say that we know the music we like to listen to at any given time varies from person to person and situation to situation. It all depends on how I’m feeling and what I’m doing.
Music can boost effort, increase motivation and distract from comfort and agitation? That’s what I want…
2) Growing field of health care - There’s a growing field of health care known as music therapy, which uses music to heal. Those who practice music therapy are finding a benefit in using music to help cancer patients, children with ADD, and others, and even hospitals are beginning to use music and music therapy to help with pain management, to help ward off depression, to promote movement, to calm patients, to ease muscle tension, and for many other benefits that music and music therapy can bring. This is not surprising, as music affects the body and mind in many powerful ways.
3) Brain Waves - Strong beat can simulate brain waves to resonate sync with the beat. Energizing music can make your brain exercise longer and harder. It increases speed and workload capacity even after you’ve stopped listening … music with a strong steady beat can increase endurance, boost effort level, increase motivation and distract from discomfort and agitation.
Music with a prominent beat stimulates an increased arousal which overrides the effect of environmental distractions…repetitive beat produces a reduction in muscle tension, thus reducing hyperactivity… (there was) significant reduction in distractibility among students after being exposed to music. Short term memory was also beneficially affected by having to listened to music.
4) State of Mind - You may imagine different things while listening to songs. Music plays with your state of mind as the electrical energy generated by firing neurons creates brain waves. The music a person chooses to listen to can influence the waves’ frequency, and their state of mind.
5) Lowering Blood Pressure - It’s not only the mind that is influenced by music, the body also responds. Musical messages travel down the spinal cord, impacting the autonomous nervous system that regulates the heart rate, blood pressure, muscular activity, metabolism, and other vital functions…
And currently, with the amount of brain power I have after a full week, and it being late at night (with no music playing). This is about all I can come up with. I know I’m slightly disappointed with how dry and boring this has turned out to be… But I’m trying to press through my writer’s block, and lack of time and energy. I’m sure it’s a brain bubble that will burst and I’ll have some great inspiring post here soon. Eventually. I hope.