I know I’ve been slacking in the cooking/recipe department and because of the season I’m going to try adding some yummy cookie recipes, some healthy some probably not so much. Some of you will probably end up hating me ever so slightly (Dianna). Enjoy!
This is an amazing seasonal favorite.
Rich eggnog and spicy chai make the perfect pairing for this cookie. Use a little eggnog, powdered sugar, and nutmeg to make a simple glaze. The chai gives this cookie a kick while the eggnog topping shows a sweet side.
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1 (17.5-oz.) package sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons eggnog, divided
- Parchment paper
- Cinnamon sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove tea leaves from tea bag; discard bag.
- 2. Stir together tea leaves, cookie mix, butter, egg, and 2 Tbsp. eggnog until well blended.
- 3. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten dough slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in cinnamon sugar.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 10 minutes).
- 5. Whisk together powdered sugar, nutmeg, and remaining 2 Tbsp. eggnog until smooth. Spoon over cooled cookies.
- Note: We tested with Tazo Chai Organic Black Tea.