Every year we put ourselves through the torture of making promises that in most cases we know we’re going to break. Lists of stuff that ‘are going to help me better myself’. We can all laugh because we know it’s not going to happen. At least in most cases.
This year I’ve not written a resolution list. I said
SCRATCH that. In it’s place I’m not holding myself to anything just writing stuff that I’d like to do at some point this year, nothing over the top just stuff I already know I plan to/want to/learn to do.
- First off not to stress about planning the quickly upcoming wedding.
- Have fun in life, laughing whenever possible.
- Read at least one book (I used to read at least one – five books a week).
- Write some new recipes/make my spin on previously written ones.
- Have some fun with my blog (my goal write something I’m really proud of at least once a month).
- A goal I have in mind fingers crossed have 4,ooo views by next year.
- Learn to be comfortable in who I am as a person.
- Let my inner child out on occasion so I don’t ever ‘grow up’.
- Order a glass of wine with dinner. Oh yes it will happen.
- Let my secret odd fashion sense be seen. And don’t feel judged for it.
- Help somebody else have a dream come true (no matter how big or small the dream may be).
- Be the best version of myself.
- Keep up on current events, no longer being one of those people who hide from what’s going on outside of me and my life.
- Be there for people who want me in their life.
- Keep romance alive in the world (my world at least).
- Pamper myself from time to time.
- Find a good Yoga that helps my joints loose, and will help with the pain.
- Take walks on the beach this summer with Mac.
- Cook lots of new meals, stuff I’ve never tried, foods I’ve never thought of (I did this last year and it was incredibly fun) Who knows I may try being vegetarian again, it felt good for a bit.
- Get new beautiful tattoos, and flaunt them for others (maybe even share the stories and meanings that go with them in detail).
- Try as many new experiences as possible (that’s just a goal I always have, and it’s always such a blast).
- Don’t be the person others want you to be and think you are, good rule of thumb always be yourself.
- Change my last name.
- Make sure that every kiss is never alone but in two’s and three’s (everyone needs a partner).
- Learn how to sign my last name (M’s are a lot more difficult that F’s also eight letters is a higher number than five).
- Continue my addiction to water.
- Clean out the spare room, get rid of excess junk and make it a usable space.
- Not cut only trim my hair. Ultimate goal, luscious long locks.
- Continue not dying my hair, natural color is much more beautiful on me.
- Add more scarves to my amazing collection.
- Get more lovely scents for my bubble baths (Lavender, Vanilla, Mint anything yummy like that).
- Buy more SmartWool socks (best socks in the world).
- Learn what type of fashion genre I have.
- Watch really good movies.
- Be as artistic as possible.
- Try getting at least one inside plant to last more than a few months.
- Make my home perfectly us.
- Do as much as possible.
- Have as much fun as possible.
- Relax as much as possible.
- Kiss often.
- Cuddle much.
- Love deeply.
- Make this year as memorable as the last.
Do any of you have goals, or resolutions?
May you all have as good a New Year as I plan to.