Theseflavored cookies have relatively small amounts of granulated and light brown sugar because the and the kisses add a good bit of sweetness. Also, you might want to note that this is an egg-free recipe. Makes 3 1/2 dozen.
- 1 butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 2 2/3 cups
- 2 instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped salted, roasted *
- 42 dark chocolate kisses
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars; beating well. Add coffee liqueur; beat well.
2. Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients. Add to butter mixture; beat at low-speed until well blended. Stir in almonds. (If desired, store dough in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.)
3. Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined or lightly greased baking sheets.
4. Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden. (Bake chilled dough 11 to 12 minutes.) Remove from oven, and immediately press 1 dark chocolate kiss into center of each cookie. Cool on baking sheets on a wire rack 3 minutes; transfer to wire racks, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
* , slivered almonds or dry-roasted salted peanuts may be substituted.