I miss you.
I miss the wooing,
I miss the flirting,
I miss being cheesy romantic.
I miss you working to have and keep me.
What does it take to get it all back?
What must one do,
What should one have to go through?
To any of my ‘readers’ if any of you are left.
I feel as though I have entirely neglected my writing in all manners of the practice.
Life has been.
Interesting lately and I will attempt to start writing more often, but it may not actually happen until after the wedding, which is getting extremely close the official countdown is at 24/23 days depending on the way you count.
Caramel lovers rejoice! A crunchy brown sugar base holds a gooey layer of caramel topped with chopped pecans. Makes 20 bars.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 40 small soft caramel candies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat the first 4 ingredients with a mixer at medium speed until well-blended. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Add flour to sugar mixture, stirring until well-blended. (Mixture will be crumbly.) Firmly press mixture into bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, combine milk and caramel candies in a medium sauce-pan. Place over low heat; cook until candies melt, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla; remove from heat.
- Remove the crust from oven. Pour the caramel mixture evenly over hot crust. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Note: Try cutting the panful into four equal strips, using firm pressure with a large, heavy knife. After removing the strips, cut each crosswise into five pieces.
You’ll love how these scrumptious double-chocolate cookies are similar in texture to thick and fudgy brownies. Makes 2 1/2 dozen.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 (1-oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
1. Combine butter, unsweetened chocolate, and 1 1/2 cups chocolate morsels in a large heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter and chocolate melt; cool.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, beating well. Add chocolate mixture; beat well. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate morsels and pecans.
4. Drop dough by 2 tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
5. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.